Jan 6, 2009

INTRO - Supply Chain Management (SCM) & my Blog

Dear Friends,

Very Happy New Year to you all.

With my qualification and experience, i taken a resolution this year that Let me try and help the people who want some help, guidance and support in the subject area of Supply Chain Management and this is the result.

An Idea of blog. The title of the blog is you (u), me that is I, and Supply Chain Management (SCM).

This effort is aimed at students, aspiring entrants in to the area of Supply Chain, Professionals already in the area and looking for some guidance, to the experts who want to share their knowledge and experience.

It is aimed to be an outlet to air your ideas, questions, answers and suggestions.

Supply is business.
Supply chain management is Business Management.
Business we manage for profits.
Profit maximization or risk minimization is the essence of business management.

It is you who is involved or likely to be involved in day to day business of problem solving of your organization.

It is me, who spent about 25 years in the field of Materials management.

My philosophy is you have one rupee, i have one and if we swap we have one each.
You have one idea and i have one and if we swap we have two each.

So our interaction thru this blog will be for mutual benefit.

The participation is only mantra for the growth.

With this few words, I V.R.Sharma request you all come and join my blog and make it a success.

Knowledge is power, let us share it.